Invisalign is another treatment modality to straighten teeth without using traditional brackets and wires that we have become so accustomed to. Invisalign uses a set of clear aligners that are virtually unnoticeable. The aligners move the teeth and jaw to their final position as determined by Dr. McClaran’s treatment plan. Invisalign is a great option for both children and adults or anyone whose lifestyle clashes with wearing traditional braces.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign
Invisalign is an option for patients of all ages. Kids, teens, and adults alike can all opt-in for Invisalign if they choose. Typically teens or adults will opt for Invisalign since it’s a more convenient and less noticeable form of orthodontic treatment. However, at McClaran Orthodontics, we also offer Invisalign First for kids, which can be used for phase one treatments in children 7-10.
As far as teens and adults, Invisalign is a perfect alternative for patients seeking cosmetic orthodontics to fix crooked teeth since it is not as noticeable as braces and works quickly to reveal a beautiful straighter smile!
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign comes with numerous benefits, which makes it a worthy competitor against traditional braces. Here are some reasons why we, and our patients, love Invisalign!
- Treatment Time: the Invisalign process can take 12 to 18 months on average, which is similar to traditional braces’ treatment time.
- Invisibility: Invisalign is nearly invisible, so most people won’t even be able to tell that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Practicality: Invisalign requires minimal time commitments from patients. As you’ll only have to visit the orthodontist once every twelve weeks for a short check-up.
- Low Maintenance: It is very easy to care for your aligners; make sure to incorporate a few steps into your daily routine to get the best results. You should always brush your teeth after eating to ensure no food gets stuck or stains your aligners. You should also try to brush your aligner every day with dish soap and lukewarm water.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: With Invisalign, your oral hygiene routine doesn’t have to change! You won’t have to worry about food stuck in brackets or special floss to reach under a wire. Since you can take your retainers out, you can brush and floss your teeth just as you do now without skipping a beat.
- No Food Restrictions: Unlike braces, you have no food restrictions with Invisalign. You can eat popcorn, gum, chips, and any other food that you are often told to avoid when undergoing orthodontic treatment. Since Invisalign trays are removable, you can eat whatever you want!